So you’re interested in Korean culture, and wanted to find out more?
You’ve come to the right place!
This page is chock full o’ everything you’ve ever wanted to know about the culture of South Korea.
Read on, or use the sections below to skip directly to what interests you most.
So, you might be asking “what is 90 Day Korean”?
We’re a team is a mixed team of Korean natives and foreigners who have combined their knowledge and experiences to bring you the best of the best. In the articles, you get the perspective of both natives of the language and culture, along with people who have come to Korea to live.
This page has a ton of fantastic articles that you can explore to find out more about Korean culture. Along with the cultural information, we’ll often teach a bit of the language, such as special words or phrases that might give more depth to what you’re learning about.
You don’t need to know any Korean to read these pages, but you may find that the more you know the language, the more you can understand the culture.
Even a few words helps!
On these pages, you can learn about Korean language and culture to your heart’s content. And if something isn’t listed that you want to know about, just send us a message, we’ll do our best to help out.
We may even write a blog post about it!
We’ve got tons of great free content, so be sure to stay in touch. On the right hand side of this page (bottom of the page for mobile users), you can follow us on social or join our mailing list. We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop!
Korean Food & Drink
Warning: Don’t read this when you’re hungry, you might start to develop a really strong appetite!
Korean food is delicious and healthy, and there’s a massive variety to choose from. The drinks are also fantastic. Here’s what you need to know:
- Delicious Korean Food You Have to Try
- 10 Unusual Korean Foods for the Daring
- Best Summer Korean Food in Korea
- Korean Winter Food You Must Try
- 7 Korean Drinks You Need To Try Immediately
- Korean Snacks: 24 You Must Try!
- Korean Alcohol: 11 Drinks You Need to Try!
- 7 Spicy Korean Foods That Will Turn You Red
Korean Cultural Norms & Society
Everything from jokes to proverbs to cultural norms, learn all about Korean norms and society.
- 55 Enlightening Korean Proverbs and Sayings
- Top 35 Korean & Konglish Jokes
- The Meaning of Oppa, Hyung, Noona, Unnie
- Korean Age: All About Age in Korea
- Drinking Culture in Korea
- Korean Titles of Family and People
- Ordering Food in a Korean Restaurant
Korean Etiquette & Manners
Don’t do that!
But definitely remember to do this.
There are some simple rules to follow in Korean culture. Some aren’t as obvious as you’d think (like the chopstick rule), but really helpful to know.
Learn all about how to avoid offending Koreans, as well as how to make a great impression.
Communication in Korea
Want to sound extra cool, both in messages and in person?
Or maybe you want to know more about the ambassadors of text communication?
We’ve put it all together for you right here:
- Korean Slang: 101 Popular Words in 2019
- Korean Emoticons: The Ultimate Guide
- Satoori: How to Speak Korean Like a Local
- Korean Aegyo: The Seven Levels
- Introducing the KakaoTalk Friends
- A How-To Guide for Korean Texting
Looking to make some Korean friends?
Awesome, because there are plenty of Koreans who want to meet you.
It’s all about making that connection.
We’ll show you how to do it, now matter where you are in the world.
- How To Meet Korean Friends Online
- How to Make Korean Friends in Korea
- How to Meet Korean Friends Outside Korea
Dating & Relationships in Korea
Curious about what dating is like in Korea?
While every person is different, there are definitely some cultural norms that you’ll want to take into account.
Read on to learn all about them.
- Dating in Korea: What to Expect
- Korean Dating Etiquette: What You Must Know
- 6 Fantastic Tips for Dating a Korean Girl
- 5 Fantastic Tips for Dating a Korean Guy
Doing Business in Korea
Korea is becoming more and more global each day.
With that, companies are becoming familiar with business etiquette from different parts of the world.
But there are for sure some unique aspects that are Korea-specific. Here’s what you need to know.
There are many holidays unique to Korea, so we’ll start you off with the top 3!
- Korean Lunar New Year – 설날 (Seollal)
- Chuseok in Korea (Korean Thanksgiving)
- Hangul Day: Celebrate the Korean Alphabet
Looking for more? Head to our Korean language and culture main page for a treasure trove of info.